8th Grade Students & Families
Thank you for your dedication to your child’s education at St. Monica Catholic School. We have just a few days left to show our gratitude. On Monday, 8th grade students can show their high school pride by wearing their high school sweatshirts or tshirts with uniform bottoms. After Mass, teachers will present their awards for each subject. This will also be livestreamed on Facebook. Tuesday is their last day of school. They will have graduation practice in the afternoon once they complete the Move-A-Thon. Please make sure all tech is returned to school on Tuesday. Graduation is on Wednesday at 6PM. You are allowed a total of 5 people to attend including the 8th grade student. There are assigned seats in the church. There will be an opportunity after the ceremony to gather for pictures and conversation outside in the North parking lot.
If your child has medication at school please take a moment to stop by the school office and pick it up before the end of the school year. If your child uses a medication that will be needed on the last day of school please stop by the office to pick it up before dismissal on Friday May 28th. Please remember this is a 1:00 dismissal day.
Our Move-A-Thon is on Tuesday. All funds raised go directly to maintenance and repair of our playground to get ready for the coming school year. Share the link in your social media and with all of your friends: https://www.donations4education.com/share?fei=91
COVID Vaccines for Youth
Children ages 12-15 are now eligible to receive the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine! This is an exciting update and offers many benefits to both your child and your family. Check out this flyer for more information and to help answer any questions you may have: https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/files/21_Teen%20vaccine%20fact%20sheet_5-13.pdf
Your school nurses are also more than happy to answer any questions. You can reach us at [email protected] or 317-255-7153. Follow this link to make an appointment and find locations that have the Pfizer vaccine: https://vaccine.coronavirus.in.gov/en-US/ Also, you no longer need to have an appointment to receive the vaccine and can walk into most vaccine clinics-just make sure you go to a clinic that has the Pfizer vaccine.
We Need Your Help and We Can Teach You
No gardening skills necessary. Come to support our community. This is a great time for individuals and families. We will use the same SignUp Genius link all season. We will work 1-2 days during the week and on weekends. Dates will be added to the sign-up every week so check back often. If your family can help water this summer please contact Melanie Kuester at [email protected].
CPR in Spanish
This American Heart Association (AHA) course teaches how to perform CPR on adults, children and infants and how to help a choking adult, child and infant. The course uses a video (in Spanish) that allows participants to practice while watching. Participants will also learn how to use an AED.
Where: St. Monica Church Holy Family Room
When: June 7, 2021 6:30 pm - 9 pm
Here is a link for registration. Spanish Family & Friends CPR course
CYO HELP REQUIRED
St. Monica Parents,
It has been my absolute pleasure to serve as Athletic Director for the past 3 years. I strongly believe being involved in extracurricular activities such as sports have a lasting positive impact on children. Next year our family will have 2 children at St. Monica and our oldest will move on to high school. This will bring challenges to my role as Athletic Director and I need other parents to step in and help. We need to develop a group of parents willing to dedicate their time to the sports program. The following positions need to be filled for next year:
1) Girls Sports Coordinator - Responsible for communication with parents though all school methods to notify of sports deadlines, recruit players and coaches for the various teams including cross country, kickball, basketball, volleyball, soccer and cheerleading. Other responsibilities would be to prepare uniform orders and/or distribute/collect/put away basketball or cheerleading uniforms, as well as manage other equipment.
2) Boys Sports Coordinator - Responsible for communication with parents though all school methods to notify of sports deadlines, recruit players and coaches for the various teams including cross country, basketball, volleyball and soccer. Other responsibilities would be to prepare uniform orders and/or distribute/collect/put away basketball uniforms as well as manage other equipment.
3) Basketball Gym Manager - Responsibilities include recruiting volunteers to collect gate entry money, running the score board during games, gym setup prior to games and gym cleanup following games.
4) Volleyball Gym Manager - Responsibilities include recruiting volunteers to collect gate entry money, running the score board during games, gym setup prior to games and gym cleanup following games.
5) Concessions Manager - Responsibilities include shopping for items to be sold, managing inventory, recruiting volunteers, setup and cleanup for each games.
All volunteers will need to complete the Safe & Sacred Certification process and need to pass a background check.
Please sign up here: https://forms.gle/1raXTEWi89ksYUZz6
St. Monica Parish Athletic Director