Click Below to Make a Donation to SMS!
Current Volunteer Opportunities
March 10th Fish Fry
CYO Volunteer Opportunities
Giving Garden Support
Before volunteering in the school with children you must complete the safe parish program and background check for volunteer following these directions:
- Click the link: https://www.archindysafeparish.org/
- Select "register" in the bottom, right-hand corner of the log in box
- Use Archindy2021 for the organization's passcode
- Begin the course
- Request a Volunteer background check
The money raised from School FUNdraisers, sponsored by the SMS PTO, help to support our entire community of parents, teachers, and students. SMS family fundraising efforts last year allowed the PTO to provide opportunities for teachers to attend conferences, host Field Day and GrandFriends Day, order classroom supplies, install new classroom lighting, develop a robotics team, purchase a bus, and many other items.
Mulch & Firewood Delivery
Do you need mulch, soil, or firewood delivered? Please share this with your friends! Every order supports our mission. Click https://haulstr.com/stmonica/
Book Fair (Fall and Spring)
The Book Fair offers families an opportunity to purchase books at discounted rates. This event takes place just before Christmas break and in the Spring. To volunteer, please contact Audrey Maminta at [email protected].
SPECIAL DIETARY NEEDS NOTICE/AVISO DE NECESIDADES DIETÉTICAS ESPECIALES
If your child has special dietary needs please go to the link below and get a copy of a special dietary needs form. Complete the form and have your child return it to his/her teacher. We will try to accommodate within reason. https://www.doe.in.gov/sites/default/files/nutrition/msf-pl-updated_0.pdf
This institution is an equal opportunity provider
Year-long Support Opportunities
SMS Spirit Wear - Show your school spirit by shopping year-round for spirit wear. Click here to shop! Village Custom Embroidery can add the school or athletic logo to any item in their catalog. Email them your order at [email protected]
Shop at Amazon.com - If you shop at Amazon.com, you can support our school by adding St Monica Catholic Church Indianapolis Inc to your Amazon account. Click here for directions.
Employee Matching Funds - Does your employer offer a matching grant/fund opportunity? If so, please contact the School Office at [email protected] for more information about how you and your employer can financially help our school family.
Students can be dropped off as early as 7:00 AM. We offer breakfast each morning, and the computer lab is open to everyone until 7:25 AM by appointment with a licensed teacher to help with homework. Other than breakfast, there is no additional cost for this service
Our after-care program is from 3:15 to 5:30 PM on regular days and 1:15-5:30PM on 1:00 dismissal days. The fee is $10 per child per day. Pre registration and prepayment are required. We offer snacks and homework support as well as time outside and in the gym. CLICK HERE to register. CLICK HERE to prepay or make a payment. For any questions or concerns please contact [email protected] and she would be happy to help.
Email Jessica Sinkovic at [email protected] if you do not know your balance owed. Your account should not be in the negative. Aftercare is a preregister and prepay service.
Parent Pre-arranged Absence (PPA)
Family vacations should be scheduled when school is not in session. Occasionally, when a child must accompany his/her parents out of town, the following procedure will be followed to ensure that the child's schoolwork continues:
Eligibility: If parent/guardian is planning a vacation other than when school is not in session, please contact the principal.
- PPA is intended for family-related activities.
- PPA is not expected to exceed five (5) school days per school year.
- PPA is not available the first and last week of each semester, nor during ILEARN testing.
Procedures: After receiving approval from the principal, the parent/guardian will:
- Arrange to obtain the class assignments via teacher(s). These are also in the child's Google Classroom.
- Assume full responsibility for any lack of progress that could be associated with time of absence.
- See that the child turns in all written assignments for this period to the teacher(s) at the time s/he returns to school from the absence. Make-up work is the responsibility of the student.
- Make-up work for a PPA is different than for an illness. PPAs are intended for family-related activities (e.g., special family events, college graduations, weddings, etc.). Special circumstances other than those above are treated individually, and arrangements are to be made with the principal.