Click Below to Make a Donation to SMS!
Current Volunteer Opportunities
The money raised from School FUNdraisers, sponsored by the SMS PTO, help to support our entire community of parents, teachers, and students. SMS family fundraising efforts last year allowed the PTO to provide opportunities for teachers to attend conferences, host Field Day and GrandFriends Day, order classroom supplies, install new classroom lighting, develop a robotics team, purchase a bus, and many other items.
Year-long Support Opportunities
SMS Spirit Wear - Show your school spirit by shopping year-round for spirit wear. Click here to log on and shop for your SMS bling!
Shop at Amazon.com - If you shop at Amazon.com, you can support our school by adding St Monica Catholic Church Indianapolis Inc to your Amazon account. Click here for directions.
Employee Matching Funds - Does your employer offer a matching grant/fund opportunity? If so, please contact the School Office at [email protected] for more information about how you and your employer can financially help our school family.
BoxTops - Simply clip your BoxTops and save them for the school-wide contest! Or, you can register on the BoxTops website and earn points for our school when you shop online!
Students can be dropped off as early as 7:00 AM by pre registration. We offer breakfast each morning, and the computer lab is open to everyone until 7:20 AM by appointment with a licensed teacher to help with homework. Other than breakfast, there is no additional cost for this service.
Our after-care program is from 3:15 to 5:00 PM. The fee is $10 per child per day. Pre registration and prepayment are required. We offer snacks and homework support as well as time outside and in the gym.
Click here to enter your account number and access your account balance. Email Jessica Sinkovic at [email protected] if you do not know your account number. Note: the balance does not include the current week's charges. Your account should not be in the negative. All amounts are applied by the family. If you have not filled out a FACTS voucher or sent in a check for Aftercare, please do so ASAP. If you have any questions regarding your account, please contact Jessica Sinkovic.
Parent Pre-arranged Absence (PPA)
Family vacations should be scheduled when school is not in session. Occasionally, when a child must accompany his/her parents out of town, the following procedure will be followed to ensure that the child's schoolwork continues:
Eligibility: If parent/guardian is planning a vacation other than when school is not in session, please contact the principal.
- PPA is intended for family-related activities.
- PPA is not expected to exceed five (5) school days per school year.
- PPA is not available the first and last week of each semester, nor during ISTEP testing.
Procedures: After receiving approval from the principal, the parent/guardian will:
- Arrange to obtain the class assignments via teacher(s).
- Assume full responsibility for any lack of progress that could be associated with time of absence.
- See that the child turns in all written assignments for this period to the teacher(s) at the time s/he returns to school from the absence. Make-up work is the responsibility of the student.
- Make-up work for a PPA is different than for an illness. PPAs are intended for family-related activities (e.g., special family events, college graduations, weddings, etc.). Special circumstances other than those above are treated individually, and arrangements are to be made with the principal.