As a Catholic community, we strive to create a Christian educational community committed to high educational standards within the framework of Catholic principles.
We expect all St. Monica Catholic School students to:
- Be faith-centered individuals who regularly pray on their own and attend Mass.
- Read, understand and share with others God's word in the Holy Bible.
- Develop a personal relationship with Jesus and try to live His example.
- Use the personal talents that God has given him/her to serve their family, school, and parish.
A St. Monica Catholic School student strives to be:
A faith-filled Catholic who:
- Practices Christian virtues by making good moral judgements.
- Practices various forms of prayers.
- Uses his/her talents by giving service in school, parish, and community.
- Locates and understands Scripture passages.
A life-long learner who:
- Sees the value of Fine Arts.
- Implements technology to enhance research skills.
- Puts forth effort to achieve academic potential to master basic learning skills.
- Uses critical thinking skills to solve problems.
- Develops spiritually, mentally, and physically.
An effective communicator who:
- Expresses clear written and oral ideas respectfully
- Applies the skills of an active listener
- Articulates beliefs and opinions respectfully and with conviction
- Demonstrates manners and courtesy appropriately
A responsible individual who:
- Strives to live a healthy lifestyle.
- Understands varying points of view and cultural differences.
- Accepts challenges and pursues goals.
- Analyzes options when making choices.
- Participates appropriately when working independently and collaboratively.