Thank you for your support of our St. Monica MoveAThon. We surpassed our $10,000 goal. All proceeds will directly benefit our playground this summer to prepare for the new school year.
Today’s MoveAThon Prayer
God of all creation,
Your goodness and glory shine forth through everything You have made. Through the light of faith, help us to see this world, our common home, not as a resource to dominate and exploit, but as a gift to be cherished by all generations. Prompted by Your Spirit, we ask this in the name of Jesus, through whom all creation was made. Amen.
Our Last Day
Our last day is this Friday. We will have an all school Mass that will also be livestreamed. After Mass we will present the Michael Carroll and Andrew Dewes Awards. Dismissal is at 1PM with NO AFTERCARE. Please be in the lot at 1PM.
We will send out tuition statements at the beginning of July. With the new School Choice Scholarship changes, many more families will qualify in the future for this benefit and that may affect this year’s tuition in the form of scholarships. An email with more details will be sent through Harmony next week. If you have questions, please contact Mrs. Sinkovic at [email protected].
Middle School Math
This Fall we are partnering with Marian University's Residency Program to offer a licensed resident teacher and additional teacher for our 6th & 7th grade math classes. The team’s professional development will be focused on data driven individualized growth. With 2 teachers, we will be able to provide small groupings and more aggressive focus on academic standards to prepare our students for high school. Mrs. Adams will still be teaching our advanced classes and our partnership with Cardinal Ritter for Algebra 2 & Geometry will not change. If you would like more information, please schedule a time to meet with Mr. Schommer [email protected]
If your child has medication at school please take a moment to stop by the school office and pick it up before the end of the school year. If your child uses a medication that will be needed on the last day of school please stop by the office to pick it up before dismissal on Friday May 28th. Please remember this is a 1:00 dismissal day.
This week we will be collecting devices from all students not registered or returning for the next year. If you have not registered and your child is returning in the Fall contact [email protected] to start the process.
We Need Your Help and We Can Teach You
No gardening skills necessary. Come to support our community. This is a great time for individuals and families. We will use the same SignUp Genius link all season. We will work 1-2 days during the week and on weekends. Dates will be added to the sign-up every week so check back often. If your family can help water this summer please contact Melanie Kuester at [email protected].
CYO Help Needed
St. Monica Parents,
It has been my absolute pleasure to serve as Athletic Director for the past 3 years. I strongly believe being involved in extracurricular activities such as sports have a lasting positive impact on children. Next year our family will have 2 children at St. Monica and our oldest will move on to high school. This will bring challenges to my role as Athletic Director and I need other parents to step in and help. We need to develop a group of parents willing to dedicate their time to the sports program. The following positions need to be filled for next year:
1) Girls Sports Coordinator - Responsible for communication with parents though all school methods to notify of sports deadlines, recruit players and coaches for the various teams including cross country, kickball, basketball, volleyball, soccer and cheerleading. Other responsibilities would be to prepare uniform orders and/or distribute/collect/put away basketball or cheerleading uniforms, as well as manage other equipment.
2) Boys Sports Coordinator - Responsible for communication with parents though all school methods to notify of sports deadlines, recruit players and coaches for the various teams including cross country, basketball, volleyball and soccer. Other responsibilities would be to prepare uniform orders and/or distribute/collect/put away basketball uniforms as well as manage other equipment.
3) Basketball Gym Manager - Responsibilities include recruiting volunteers to collect gate entry money, running the score board during games, gym setup prior to games and gym cleanup following games.
4) Volleyball Gym Manager - Responsibilities include recruiting volunteers to collect gate entry money, running the score board during games, gym setup prior to games and gym cleanup following games.
5) Concessions Manager - Responsibilities include shopping for items to be sold, managing inventory, recruiting volunteers, setup and cleanup for each games.
All volunteers will need to complete the Safe & Sacred Certification process and need to pass a background check.
Please sign up here: https://forms.gle/1raXTEWi89ksYUZz6
St. Monica Parish Athletic Director